Announced during an award ceremony on August 26 at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, Werner Driver, Christopher Crowell, who attended CDS Tractor Trailer Training was named the Top Rookie of the Year.
Named in honor of the late CVTA Executive Director Mike O'Connell, this award recognizes the best truck driver who has been on the job for less than a year.
We would also like to congratulate the nine finalists for their excellent work as well:
- Mario Cardenas of TMC Transportation (Roadmaster Drivers School)
- Brian College of Carbon Express, Inc. (Commercial Drivers School)
- Brandon Douglas of Melton Truck Lines, Inc. (American Truck Training)
- Shawna Froehlich of Dartco, Inc. (Heavy Metal Truck Training)
- Dave Honbarger of Maverick Transportation, Inc. (TransTech)
- Willis Robinson of Cargo Transporters, Inc. (Future Truckers of America)
- Kenneth Strother of Stevens Transport (Diesel Driving Academy)
- Marc Walther of Wil-Trans (Northeast Technical Institute)
- Kenneth Youmans of Dutch Maid Logistics (Professional Drivers Academy)
The Trucking's Top Rookie of the Year award is a partnership between Truckers News, the Truckload Cariers Association, Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA), Rand McNally, Pilot Flying J, Progressive Commercial Insurance, National Association of Publicly Funded Driving Schools, American Trucking Associations and the Red Eye Radio Network.
CVTA congratulates the winner and the finalists for all their hard work and continued success as professional truck drivers.