Congratulations to the Werner Enterprises team, who competed in the Nebraska State driving competition June 8-9 in Grand Island, Neb. Because of our team's success this year, Werner Enterprises was named first place in the team category.
- 1st Place 5 Axle: Larry Derr Werner Enterprises
- 1st Place Sleeper Class: Terry Durham Werner Enterprises
- 1st Place Tank Class: Tim Dean Werner Enterprises
- 1st Place Twin Class: Roy Hendrick Werner Enterprises
- 2nd Place Flatbed: Alan Arnold Werner Enterprises
- Highest Performance on Driving Course: Roy Hendrick Werner Enterprises
- Jerry Wessel Award for Outstanding Participant: Tim Dean Werner Enterprises
- 1st Place Team: Werner Enterprises
Our drivers demonstrated their knowledge of regulations and safety by completing a written test; showed their ability to represent Werner Enterprises by participating in a personal interview; displayed their equipment safety awareness in a pre-trip inspection; and, finally, demonstrated their driving skills on a course which includes many challenges drivers face on a daily basis.
First place winners will move forward to the National Truck Driving Championships August 7-11 in Minneapolis, Minn.