An extremely informative podcast regarding federal student loan policy and current issues in congress is available in the Compliance Journey Group of The Lounge. In this educational podcast, Elise Scanlon, the Principal of Elise Scanlon Law Group and former Executive Director of ACCSCT, interviews the Director of the Federal Education Budget Project with the New America Foundation, Jason Delisle.
Some of the Many Questions Answered in this Podcast Include:
- What determines the interest rates on federal student loans?
- What motivated Congress to lower interest rates from 6.8% to 3.4% for borrowers who are eligible for Subsidized Stafford Loans?
- Are the current interest rates a good deal for borrowers and why?
- What are the benefits of federal student loans beyond interest rates?
- What are some of the differences between student loans relative to other types of consumer borrowing such as a mortgage?
- What are the details of the New America Foundation proposal regarding Federal Student Loan Policy and how it is being received by members of Congress?