For Immediate Release: February 21, 2014
Contact: Jim Billimoria, Justin Harclerode (202) 225-9446
Washington, DC - The Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, chaired by U.S. Rep. Tom Petri (R-WI), will hold a roundtable policy discussion on Wednesday with representatives of the transportation community in preparation for the development of a surface transportation reauthorization bill.
The federal surface transportation programs were most recently reauthorized in the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act, which was enacted on July 6, 2012. MAP-21 expires in September, and Wednesday’s roundtable is part of the Committee’s process for developing the next bill.
The roundtable is open to the public, and is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 in 2167 Rayburn House Office Building. The roundtable will not be webcast.
In addition to Subcommittee Members, roundtable participants will include:
· The Honorable Bill Graves, President and CEO, American Trucking Associations
· Mr. Greg Cohen, President and CEO, American Highway User Alliance
· Mr. James Corless, Campaign Director, Transportation for America
· Mr. Bill Hughes, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, Retail Industry Leaders Association
· Ms. Janet Kavinoky, Director, Transportation Infrastructure, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
· Mr. Pat Loftus, Chairman Emeritus, National Steel Bridge Alliance
· Mr. Aric Newhouse, Senior Vice President, Policy and Government Relations, National Association of Manufacturers
· Mr. Edward Wytkind, President, Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO