New Orleans, LA, May 6-8, 2015
(Deadline 4/2) Hotel Reservation
(Deadline 4/2) Preliminary
Election Golf Registration
It is time to register for our 2015 Spring Conference in New Orleans. The Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans hotel will be hosting our event from May 6 to May 8, 2015. In addition to guest speakers and networking opportunities, we look forward to hearing your input on the issues of the day. We will be discussing current events and developments in the industry, legislative and regulatory issues on Capitol Hill, and new and upcoming programs from CVTA.
Our very popular golf tournament will now be held after the Conference on Friday afternoon May 8th!
The early-bird registration deadline is April 2, 2015, so don't delay today!
Speakers & Panels
Louisiana’s Sixth Congressional District
Congressman Garret Graves is a Republican Member of Congress representing Louisiana’s Sixth Congressional District. He sits on the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, of which he is a member of the Subcommittees on Highways and Transit, Water Resources and the Environment (Vice Chairman), and Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation. Garret is also a member of the House Committee on Natural Resources, where he is assigned to the Subcommittees on Energy and Mineral Resources, and Public Lands and Environmental Regulation... Continue reading.
T.F. Scott Darling, III
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
T.F. Scott Darling, III was appointed as the Chief Counsel in September 2012 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) by President Obama.
Mr. Darling joined FMCSA from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), the public transit agency serving the greater Boston area, where he served as the Deputy Chief of Staff and Assistant General Counsel. He also served previously as the MBTA's Environmental and Land Use Counsel... Continue reading.
- Aaron Lacey, Partner, Thompson Coburn, LLP
- Anne Ferro, President & CEO American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
- Bob Costello, Chief Economist & VP, American Trucking Associations
- Brad Bentley, President, Truckload Carriers Association
- Brian Stout, President, Transportation Compliance Services USA
- Carl Spatocco, CVTA
- Chuck Wirth, President, American Institute of Trucking
- Craig Jablonski, CEO, Career Now Brands
- Holly McNabb, General Manager, Partners Financial Services
- Joey Hogan, President, Covenant Transport
- Jonathan Eisen, Senior VP, Government Relations, International Foodservice Distributors Association
- John Frey, Werner Enterprises
- Larry Marsh, President, JTL Truck Driver Training
- Lou Spoonhour, Senior Adviser for CDL Programs, Stevens Transport
- Mike Hanisch, Co-Founder/Partner, Tenstreet, LLC
- Ray James, IT Specialist, CDL College, LLC
- Steven O’Shea, Lancer Insurance Company
- Stuart Bowman, COO, Paramount Capital Group
Hotel Overview - Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans
Laissez le bon temps rouler (Let the good times roll) at the fully restored and completely renovated Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans. Renowned as one of the landmark hotels of the French Quarter, its luxury accommodations are located near the famed Bourbon Street and is within walking distance of this grand city’s most popular attractions. The CVTA room rate is $173.00 per night. The cutt off date for this discounted rate is April 2, 2015. Make your reservation today!
Golf Tournament - 12:30 PM, Friday, May 8, 2015
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION – April 6, 2015
If you want to wind down after the meeting, please join us for an informal golf outing at the beautiful TPC Louisiana. Bringing championship golf to the vibrant charm of New Orleans, the TPC Louisiana Golf Course is as unique as the celebrated city itself. Legendary architect Pete Dye designed the golf course with the collaboration of fellow PGA TOUR players Steve Elkington and New Orleans native Kelly Gibson. This golf course is the perfect complement to the local ambiance.
The golf course features a challenging landscape of lush wetlands and native cypress trees that lie just across the great Mississippi River. TPC Louisiana is part of the Audubon Golf Trail and a member of the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary program.
We plan to board the bus outside the lobby at 12:30 Friday with staggered start times on the front and back starting at 1:00 PM. We will provide a box lunch for you to take on the bus. After the game, we will transport you back to the hotel in time for dinner.