New Orleans, LA, May 6-8, 2015
It is time to register for our 2015 Spring Conference in New Orleans. The Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans hotel will be hosting our event from May 6 to May 8, 2015. In addition to guest speakers and networking opportunities, we look forward to hearing your input on the issues of the day. We will be discussing current events and developments in the industry, legislative and regulatory issues on Capitol Hill, and new and upcoming programs from CVTA.
Our very popular golf tournament will now be held after the Conference on Friday afternoon May 8th!
Board of Directors Elections 2015
We are holding our Board of Directors Election, as we do every year at the Spring Conference. The applicants statements have been received and reviewed. They are now available for your perusal. We have four School Member seats available. The candidates listed below have all expressed an interest in serving:
- Brad Barber, Georgia Driving Academy, Inc.
- Eric Haney, CDL College
- Larry Marsh, JTL Truck Driver Training
- Gary Pressley, Heavy Metal Truck Training School
- Gary Strube, DrivePro, LLC
- Chuck Wirth, American Institute of Trucking
Absentee Balloting is permitted. All Members must be in good standing to vote. All votes must be in the CVTA office no later than May 1, 2015.
(You will need a login to access the statements and Ballot. Please contact the CVTA office if you need your login.)
Election Process at the Conference
At the conference, ballots shall be distributed to, and collected from, the members of the Association under the supervision of the chairperson of the Nominating Committee. The ballots shall be counted by three members of the Association, the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee, and two general members of the Association that do not sit on the Board of Directors that shall be appointed by the chairperson. The results of the balloting shall be announced at the end of the business meeting.
Speakers & Panels
Louisiana’s Sixth Congressional District
Congressman Garret Graves is a Republican Member of Congress representing Louisiana’s Sixth Congressional District. He sits on the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, of which he is a member of the Subcommittees on Highways and Transit, Water Resources and the Environment (Vice Chairman), and Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation. Garret is also a member of the House Committee on Natural Resources, where he is assigned to the Subcommittees on Energy and Mineral Resources, and Public Lands and Environmental Regulation... Continue reading.
T.F. Scott Darling, III
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
T.F. Scott Darling, III was appointed as the Chief Counsel in September 2012 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) by President Obama.
Mr. Darling joined FMCSA from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), the public transit agency serving the greater Boston area, where he served as the Deputy Chief of Staff and Assistant General Counsel. He also served previously as the MBTA's Environmental and Land Use Counsel... Continue reading.
- Aaron Lacey, Partner, Thompson Coburn, LLP
- Anne Ferro, President & CEO American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
- Bob Costello, Chief Economist & VP, American Trucking Associations
- Brad Bentley, President, Truckload Carriers Association
- Brian Stout, President, Transportation Compliance Services USA
- Carl Spatocco, CVTA
- Chuck Wirth, President, American Institute of Trucking
- Craig Jablonski, CEO, Career Now Brands
- Holly McNabb, General Manager, Partners Financial Services
- Joey Hogan, President, Covenant Transport
- Jonathan Eisen, Senior VP, Government Relations, International Foodservice Distributors Association
- John Frey, Werner Enterprises
- Larry Marsh, President, JTL Truck Driver Training
- Lou Spoonhour, Senior Adviser for CDL Programs, Stevens Transport
- Mike Hanisch, Co-Founder/Partner, Tenstreet, LLC
- Eric Haney, Owner, CDL College, LLC
- Steven O’Shea, Marketing Representative, Lancer Insurance Company
- Stuart Bowman, COO, Paramount Capital Group
Hotel Overview - Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans
Laissez le bon temps rouler (Let the good times roll) at the fully restored and completely renovated Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans. Renowned as one of the landmark hotels of the French Quarter, its luxury accommodations are located near the famed Bourbon Street and is within walking distance of this grand city’s most popular attractions. Currently our block of rooms at the hotel is sold out. However, we have an overflow hotel. Please call CVTA office 703-642-9444, and we will help you get a room.
Golf Tournament - 12:30 PM, Friday, May 8, 2015
If you want to wind down after the meeting, please join us for an informal golf outing at the beautiful TPC Louisiana. Bringing championship golf to the vibrant charm of New Orleans, the TPC Louisiana Golf Course is as unique as the celebrated city itself. Legendary architect Pete Dye designed the golf course with the collaboration of fellow PGA TOUR players Steve Elkington and New Orleans native Kelly Gibson. This golf course is the perfect complement to the local ambiance.
The golf course features a challenging landscape of lush wetlands and native cypress trees that lie just across the great Mississippi River. TPC Louisiana is part of the Audubon Golf Trail and a member of the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary program.
We plan to board the bus outside the lobby at 12:30 PM Friday with staggered start times on the front and back starting at 1:00 PM. We will provide a box lunch for you to take on the bus. After the game, we will transport you back to the hotel in time for dinner.