Due by Jan. 5, 2012
It is once again time for nominating a recipient for the annual PTDI Lee Crittenden Award, given in honor of Lee Crittenden who helped found PTDI (formerly PTDIA) and was a staunch supporter of PTDI until his death in 1998. This award is given to an individual who exemplifies the overall mission of PTDI. The award, sponsored by Delmar, Cengage Learning, will be given during the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) Annual Convention in March 2012, in order to better publicize the recipient.
The prior recipients of the Award are as follows:
- 1999 – Herb Schmidt, Contract Freighters, Inc.
- 2000 – Wade Murphree, American Institute of Technology
- 2001 – Harold Haase, Career Publishing
- 2002 – Virginia DeRoze, Truckload Carriers Association and former PTDI Program Manager
- 2003 – Mike McCombs, Great West Casualty
- 2004 – Harry Kowalchyk, National Tractor Trailer School
- 2005 – Herb Fotheringham, PTDI Certification Specialist
- 2006 – Lana Batts, Transport Capital Partners & formerly president of PTDI
- 2007 – Robert McClanahan, Central Tech
- 2008 – Ray Haight, MacKinnon Transport
- 2009 – Don Hess, John Wood Community College & Ed Kynaston, Retired (1st president of PTDIA)
- 2010 – Mark Johnson, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- 2011 – Carl Spatocco, Education Affiliates/All-State Career School
Please submit your nomination for this award, along with the reason that the person exemplifies the overall PTDI mission, no later than COB Wednesday, January 5, 2012. All nominations received by that date will be sent to the PTDI Board of Directors for voting.
All nominations should be submitted vie email, fax or mailing address shown below.
Professional Truck Driver Institute
555 E. Braddock Rd., Alexandria, VA 22314
703-647-7015; fax 703-836-6610