Obtaining CVTA Membership is a step in the right direction for any truck driver training program.
From instructor certification to hob-knobbing with the cream of the crop, the benefits of membership are priceless. OK - well, we had to put a price on it anyway. To obtain the current membership fee, call us at (703) 642-9444 or contact us online. In the meantime, peruse our site to see some of the readily available benefits of membership. As you can see, there are some sections of this site restricted to members only - which is where many ideas and legislative infomation are shared.In the meantime, read the basic requirements and guidelines to becoming a member below:
- A Non-Refundable Application Fee of $500.00
- A Copy of Your Most Current School Catalog
- Sample Advertising and Promotional Materials
- A Copy of Your State License(s)
- Any Other Materials in Support of Your Application for Membership
All materials should be sent to:
Guidelines for Regular Membership Application Approval
1. All private commercial driver training schools are eligible to make application for membership.
2. All Applicant schools must submit a completed, signed application, acknowledging receipt of the CVTA Code of Conduct, and agreeing to abide in it if accepted for membership.
3. A non-refundable application fee ($500.00) must be paid to theTreasurer of CVTA at the time of submission of the Application. The first payment of dues shall be based on the number of graduates during the month in which the Application is approved. Payment must be made to the CVTA Treasurer not later than twenty (20) days after the last day of the month in which the Application is approved. Associate members must pay dues in full with the Application.
4. Written materials, including course catalogs, student handbooks, sample advertising tear sheets, state licenses, copies of accreditation, etc. must be sent to the Executive Director of CVTA at the same time that the Application is submitted. The Chairman of the CVTA Membership Committee, or other member of the Board of Directors shall contact the Applicant to determine the manner in which instruction is given, and the general operation of the Applicant school.
5. The member of the CVTA Membership Committee Chairman or Member of the CVTA Board of Directors that contacts the Applicant will be outside the competitive area of the applicant. During the interview, the interviewer may ask questions of a general nature related to the application, but may not ask specific questions that would reveal proprietary business information.
6. The Chairman of the CVTA Membership Committee or other member of the Board of Directors that has reviewed the Applicant school shall inform the Executive Director that the review has been completed. The Executive Director shall set up a conference call with members of the Board of Directors to vote on the application.
7. During the conference call, the CVTA director that has contacted the applicant shall report on the results of the contact.
8. Upon a majority vote of the Board of Directors, the Applicant shall be accepted or rejected for membership in CVTA.
9. The Executive Director shall inform the Applicant of the decision of the Board of Directors.
Don't you want your school listed on this map?